- About Us
- Academic Program
- Our Gallery
- Apply Now
- Contact Us
Dr Sherry Essnaashari, a graduate of York University, Carlton University, Adler School of Psychology, Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine, National Academy of Osteopathy (Canada) and National University of Medical Sciences (Spain) has joined our faculty to teach a course for the Doctor of Botanical Medicine (DBM) we offer at National University of Medical Sciences – USA.
Dr. Essnaashari is an Iranian/Canadian who currently works in Mexico as a manual osteopath & botanical medicine specialist. She has over 20 years of experience as a wellness practitioner and since 2015 has taught courses for a Canadian college on botanical medicine.
Dr Essnaashari will teach a course on Advance Clinical Phytotherapy & Materia Medica, covering many topics including using botanical medicines for the following conditions:
1. Nervous System Disorders: sympathetic/parasympathetic, anxiety, depression, trauma, restlessness, and irritability
2. Hormonal issues: post partum depression, menopause, thyroid disfunctions, adrenal fatigue
3. Respiratory conditions; lung inflammation and congestion, coughs, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, cystic fibrosis
4. Acute cases: falls, poisons, burns, stings, and allergies
5. Autoimmune and metabolic disorders: diabetes, multiple sclerosis, lupus
6. Age related issues: inflammation, cognitive health, oxidative stress
7. Neurodegenerative diseases; Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
8. Digestive health, gut bacteria, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s, constipation, diarrhea, & other digestive discomforts
9. Lymphatic congestion, blood circulation, detoxification & parasitic diseases.
Once the course is uploaded we would give access to our current students as well as alumni to watch these lectures free of charge. Welcome to NUMSS faculty Dr Essnaashari! We are grateful to have you as one of our professors!